In partnership with Helping Other Parents Everywhere (HOPE), the Ontario Justice Education Network (OJEN) is offering this FREE information session designed to build the legal capability of parents and guardians navigating the youth criminal justice system.
SESSION AT A GLANCE:
· Overview of the youth criminal justice system and the courts.
· Obligations and role of parents/guardians in the court process.
· Parent/Police Relations
· Working effectively with lawyers and legal aid
· Understanding mental health supports, resources and more!
· Pre-registration is required and there is no charge to attend the session
· Registration is very limited, required, and on a first come first serve basis
· Register on Eventbrite; an email confirmation of registration will be sent to registrants
The direct link to register can be found at:
· Refreshments will be served promptly at 5:45 PM, the session will start promptly at 6:00 PM
· Session materials will be provided on site
· Free parking adjacent to Scarborough Civic Centre - when entering the parking lot buzz security and say you are with the OJEN-HOPE event
· Convenient access by public transit
· This community justice education event is for parents and guardians who want to get a better understanding of the youth criminal justice system
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: May 27th, 2015 at 5:00 PM
For additional information about this session please contact Helping Other Parents Everywhere (HOPE)
Tel: 1-866-492-1299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about OJEN please visit www.ojen.ca